Make 50s Paper Ornament for Halloween ~ Christmas ~ Easter
Test your imagination and creative skill by designing variations of handsome hanging ornaments made of lightweight cardboard. Designed by Robert Winquist, they make a pleasant contrast to commercial tree balls. Pictured are ones my daughter and I made for Halloween. What do you think?
Get in practice by making the ones pictured here.
- Download and print patterns to desired size (right click and save to your computer)
- Fold a 9 x 12 piece of lightweight cardboard or heavy construction paper in half
- Cut on continuous lines shown
- Fold on broken lines
- Roll design tips around pencil to curl
- Right and left designs require two folds
- Decorate with ric-rack, paint, sharpies and glitter
- Attach around balls, pinecones, baby pumpkins, plastic eggs (be creative) by gluing two halves together (each pattern makes one half)
If you have questions about how to begin, drop me a note at my Contact page. Stay tuned for more exclusive vintage patterns, recipes, and how-tos!
Additional Material ideas:
- Try them with foam paper
- Starched fabric
- Handmade papers
Subscribe to my newsletter list and be among the first to receive special download!